New Technology, Safer Driving
Emerging auto innovations can offset distractions behind the wheel.
NEW CRASH AVOIDANCE FEATURES
- Blind Spot Detection - Monitors the side of the vehicle when you approach blind spots
- Lane Departure Prevention - Implements light braking or minor steering adjustments to keep you in place.
- Forward Collision Warning - Alerts you when you're getting too close to another vehicle.
- Lane Departure Warning - Alerts you if you're at risk of straying into another lane.
- Autobrake - Reduces collision impact by slowing down or stopping the vehicle before you react.
- Adaptive Headlights - Pivots headlights in direction of travel to help you see better.
With an estimated 660,000 U.S. drivers using electronic devices during daylight hours daily,(1) there is constantly evolving hands-free technology designed to keep them safer. (2)
Hands—free tech goes beyond basic Bluetooth with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Each runs a stripped-down version of your phone’s system on your car’s computer interface, allowing you to control music, navigate and communicate by way of voice commands.
Mobile apps can help reduce or eliminate notifications while driving. Some apps even reward you for safe driving behavior.
|Blocks text messages||Yes||Yes|
|Rewards safe driving||Yes||Yes|
|Sends parent notifications||Yes||Yes|
The best way to prevent distracted driving is through education and awareness; however, new automotive technologies can also help keep you safer.
- Distracted Driving, National Highway Safety Administration, 2017.
- The Best Tech to Prevent Distracted Driving, USA Today, 2016.
The inclusion of non-Amica companies, products, services or statements herein ("Third Party Content") is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by Amica Insurance. Policies, views, opinions or positions of Third Party Content expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the policies, views, opinions or positions of Amica Insurance. Amica Insurance makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy and reliability of Third Party Content.